50th Anniversary and Members Exhibition Mt Coot-tha Gardens 24 – 26 May 2019
You are invited you to be part of this exhibition which showcases the talent of our Queensland Sculptors. More opportunities and more prize money
Rhythm of Love Antone Bruinsma Winner of the Shillam Prize and acquired by The botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha delighting visitors.
Entries close April 30 2019
Download and complete entry form and forward to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Draft outline for outdoor entries due February 28 2019
Please contact Exhibition Coordinator Julie Donaldson for more info: email@example.com
Brisbane Sculpture Festival
Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens
Members Indoor / Outdoor Exhibition 2019
$5000 Shillam Award (for 50th Year)
$1500 Sirromet Winery Outdoor Sculpture Prize
$1500 Perides Foundary Indoor Sculpture Prize
Plus Awards and Prizes from our other sponsors
Friday May 24th 10am – 4pm then 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday May 25th 10am – 4pm
Sunday May 26th 10am – 4pm
Draft outline of all Outdoor Sculptures Thursday 28th February 2019 (by 5pm)
Entries close for indoor and outdoor exhibition Tuesday 30th April 2019 (by 5pm)
Bump In Outdoor exhibition Thursday 16th May, 2019 (9am - 12pm)
Bump in Indoor exhibition / Set-up & Installation Thursday 23rd May, 2019(10am - 12pm)
Official Opening in Auditorium Friday 24th May 2019, (6pm – 8pm)
Collection of Indoor Sculptures Sunday 26th May, 2019 (4pm – 5pm)
Dismantle Indoor Exhibition Monday 27th May, 2019 (8am – 11am)
Extended Outdoor Invitation sculptures selected Thursday 31st May, 2019
Dismantle Outdoor Exhibition Thursday 13th June, 2019 (9am – 12pm)
Dismantle Extended Outdoor Exhibition Thursday 8th August 2019, (9am - 12pm)
Conditions of Entry
By signing the entry form, the artist acknowledges that he/she has read, understood and agrees to be
bound by these Conditions of Entry.
If you have any queries, please contact the Exhibition Coordinator: email:
firstname.lastname@example.org mobile: 0419799933
Membership fees to Sculptors QLD, must be paid before submitting an Entry Form to the Exhibition.
Entries will only be accepted if membership is current.
1. Membership Fees are due and payable before 28th February 2019. Late payment will result in an
increase by a further $20 for payment after this date. Visit http://www.sculptorsqld.org.au for
2. Every Member who enters art work, is required to assist with the running of the Members’
Exhibition, in regard to preparation before and/or during the exhibition. Please state your availability
at the appropriate page on your entry form. A Roster will be formed, and you will be notified. We will
endeavor to give you your first preference however this may not always be possible.
3. Each Artist may enter up to a maximum of three Indoor pieces and three Outdoor pieces.
4. Late arriving pieces and entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. Sculptors Qld.
reserve the right not to exhibit work deemed dangerous, offensive or unsuitable
5. Each entry must not have been previously exhibited in any annual Indoor/Outdoor SQ Mt Coot-tha
Exhibition and works entered must not have won an award/prize in any other art competition.
6. All artwork must be original, solely the work of the artist, and completed in the 2 years prior to the
date of the Opening night of this Exhibition. Multiple editions should be clearly marked with an
edition number. A new edition does not mean a new sculpture.
7. Indoor pieces must be able to be lifted by two people.
8. Artists shall permit photographic reproduction without fee, for promoting the Exhibition, including
electronic and printed media. Entry of an artwork constitutes the artist’s permission for such
9. Winners of all awards [except People’s Choice Award] will be announced at the opening Evening at
7.30pm. The People’s Choice will be announced on the following Sunday at 3.00pm
10. A fee of $30 is charged for each sculpture entered. Due to space in the Auditorium, if too many
entries are received, a refund will be given, if your 3rd piece cannot be exhibited.
11. All artwork must be for sale and the total price must include GST (if applicable) and commission of
12. Large sculptures to be exhibited in the Gardens must have one measurement greater than 80cm
and be securely fastened to the ground. Dimensions and weight must be clearly stated on Entry
Form where required. Smaller robust outdoor sculptures are permitted but will be exhibited in the
Bromeliad Enclosure for safe keeping a well as the fern garden. Sculptures for the Outdoor
exhibition are to be installed, exhibited and removed by the sculptor in accordance with the
Gardens’ approval or direction of Gardens staff. If on installation, a sculpture is deemed unsafe by
Gardens management, it is to be made safe or removed immediately upon the sculptor being
notified before he/she leaves the site.
13. Thursday 16th May from 9-12am is allocated for installation of Outdoor sculptures. Mt Coot-tha
Gardens will only accept work installed at this time. This is not negotiable. Staff will not be available
to approve the installation of work outside these hours. Depending on the number of sculptures
entered for this year’s Exhibition, we may have to negotiate installation over 2 days. You will
however, be notified about any change to the current procedure.
14. The final location of each Outdoor sculpture will be as directed by Mt Coot-tha Gardens staff. All
sculptors are required to sign in at the Administration Building so that the Head Gardener can be
informed of arrival. Should your vehicle be required to drive into the Gardens, you must be
accompanied by Gardens’ staff. Any concerns or questions the artists may have before or during
installation must be directed to the Exhibition Coordinator for SQ, who will be in attendance. Artists
shall not consult with Garden staff directly, unless instructed to do so.
15. The safe installation of the work is the responsibility of the artist. All outdoor sculptors are
requested to have an excellent system of stabilizing their work that has been tested beforehand.
The artist is to ensure that the work is appropriately secured in position, does not encroach on
pathways and is not in any way attached to plants or signage.
16. Insurance is the sole responsibility of the artist. All risk for the artwork remains with the artist,
including the installation and removal of the sculptures. We strongly advise that artists entering
work for the Outdoor exhibition create work that is not easily removed, damaged or dismantled.
BCC Mt Coot-tha Gardens and SQ and its members do not accept any responsibility and shall not
be liable for any damage or loss to sculptures.
17. Plants cannot be moved or pruned to accommodate the artwork and while the Garden Staff will
take all care, they are not responsible for the safety of any sculptures on display. Any damage that
may occur is the responsibility of the exhibiting artist.
18. Artists exhibiting sculpture on the lagoon must provide their own means for installing and anchoring
the work. This may include inflatable or rigid water craft or waders.
19. An ‘invitation only’ extended Outdoor exhibition will be available for 3 months to selected artists with
approval from Mt Coot-tha Gardens management and the SQ Exhibition Coordinator.
20. All Indoor and Outdoor Sculptures must be removed on the agreed date. Artworks that are not
collected when required may be deemed by the Committee to be a donation to Sculptors QLD and
may be removed and disposed of by the Committee as it sees fit.
21. Should any dispute arise for which no specific ruling has been laid down, the committee’s decision
will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
20%. Payment for sale of work will be made to the artist within 2 months after the closure of the
Exhibition by EFT to the artist’s bank account.
|Short Pose Life Drawing|
|Long Pose Life Drawing & Modeling|
|Brisbane Sculpture Festival 2018|
|Brisbane Sculpture Festival 2019 50 Years|